Richard A. Good Pi Mu Epsilon Lectureship and Chapter Enhancement Program
The Pi Mu Epsilon national office will pay up to $500 of the costs of transportation, food, and lodging to send a national Councillor to visit your Chapter to meet your students, faculty, and administrators, and give a talk.
The main goals of the Good Lectureship Program are:
- To better facilitate communication between the national organization and the Chapters.
- To help Chapters develop interesting and stimulating programs for their members.
- To increase undergraduate mathematics scholarship including, of course, student participation in professional meetings, particularly in the national Pi Mu Epsilon Conferences.
- To apply, fill in the simple form found here.
- There is no application deadline. Please allow at least 2 months for council to review your application and to plan for the councilor's visit. Only five Good Lectureships can be funded each academic year so please submit your application as early as possible.
- Proposals that we won't be able to fund this year will be held over for consideration for funding during the next academic year.
- Chapters that have received this grant in the past three years need special justification for a repeat of the grant.
- Pi Mu Epsilon's President will select one of the national Councillors to visit the Chapter and give the Lecture on a mutually convenient schedule.
- The Councillor will meet with the Chapter's student officers, and possibly other members, to learn about current activities and aspirations for their Pi Mu Epsilon Chapter, and to provide guidance and suggestions.
- The Councillor will meet with the Chapter's faculty advisors, other faculty, and key institutional administrators to discuss financial and scholarly support for the Chapter.
- If the Chapter wishes, it may invite students and faculty from nearby Pi Mu Epsilon Chapters or other four-year institutions with mathematics majors to attend the Lecture.
- The Council will pay all of the expenses of the Councillor up to $500; any expenses over $500 will be the responsibility of the Chapter.