Troy State University
2004-2005 Chapter Report
Advisor and Officers
Advisor: Ken Roblee
President: Joe Frye
Vice President: Dia Baugh
Secretary: Ralph Wilson
Treasurer: Michael Dasinger
Webmaster: Eric Cleckler
Historian: Lynn Dzanbazoff
Number of New Members Inducted:
Number of Continuing Members:
Do any of your chapter members plan to attend or present a paper at the PME national meeting at MathFest in
Albuquerque, New Mexico?
Describe the two most interesting or unusual chapter activities this year:
We held "Troy MathFest 2005," on March 3, 2005. This was a statewide
undergraduate mathematics conference, which included 21 presentations, a
calculus competition, graduate school information booth, and a drawing for door
We started up a "Math Movie Night," where we get together and watch a
math-related movie or TV show.
Do you have any news about current students or recent graduates? For example, scholarships or other awards, acceptances to graduate school, paper presentations at conferences. :
1. Julian Allagan was accepted to graduate school at Auburn University.
2. Michael Dasinger was accepted into optometry school at UAB.
1. Julian Allagan won the Troy Math Department's Virgil Collins award for the
highest math GPA.
2. Eric Cleckler won the Troy Top Computer Science student award.
1. Julian Allagan gave 4 presentations at the Troy Math Seminar; gave a
presentation at the 24th Annual Mathematics Symposium at Western Kentucky
University; gave a presentation at the Alabama Association of College Teachers
of Mathematics Conference; gave a presentation at the TROY MathFest 2005; gave a
presentation at the 82nd Annual Meeting of the Alabama Academy of Science.
2. Ralph Wilson gave 2 presentations at the Troy Math Seminar; gave a
presentation at the TROY MathFest 2005.
3. Dia Baugh won 3rd place in the Calculus Competition at the TROY MathFest
4. Brooke Justice gave a presentation at the TROY MathFest 2005.
5. Joe Frye gave a presentation at the TROY MathFest 2005.