Directions to Faculty Advisors for Enrolling New Members
1. Membership Enrollment Form Instructions:
- Download the enrollment form here: MembershipEnrollmentForm112012.xls. (Note: Please use the current version and not an outdated one. If you have difficulties downloading and opening the Excel Form, e.g., your browser downloads it as a .zip archive that you cannot open, please email PME Secretary-Treasurer Paul Fishback at email@example.com, who will send you a copy as an email attachment.)
- Complete the enrollment form in its entirety. We will not process a form that does not include the chapter letter, the advisor's name, installation date, etc.. Also, please be sure to use an address for each inductee that ensures he or she will receive the journal for the next calendar year -- that usually means a permanent home
- Please make sure that your form contains the complete listing of your inductees. Our job is made significantly more difficult when advisors submit forms with late additions and/or changes. Simply put, give your students a firm deadline by which they should respond to your membership invitation.
- Once you have completed your form, save it under the name of your chapter state and letter, e.g. Michigan Iota.xls. (If you don't know your chapter letter, please visit http://www.pme-math.org/chapters/statelists.html. ) Then upload your form using the widget below. (Note: If the "drag and drop" feature does not work on your particular browser, simply use the "Select Files" Option.) In the space provided below, make sure to include the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Transfer Name: Your State, Chapter Letter, and Institution, e.g., MI Iota at Grand Valley State University. Again, if you don't know your chapter letter, please visit http://www.pme-math.org/chapters/statelists.html
- Note: Enrollment forms may only be submitted using the upload tool below. Email submissions of completed enrollment forms are no longer accepted.
- In the extremely unlikely event you need to correct information for one of more students after you have uploaded your form, please upload a new form with only the corrected information for those students. Include a message indicating that the form contains corrections.
2. Payment Policies:
- Payment is expected at the time of order or shortly thereafter (within 2-3 weeks). An invoice will be emailed to you when your order is shipped, and you should feel free to delay payment until you receive it.
- Mail a single check for the amount due to
Pi Mu Epsilon, Inc.
Department of Mathematics
Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401.
This check should be made out to the Pi Mu Epsilon, Inc. Make sure the mailing address includes Paul Fishback's name, and please include a hard copy of your enrollment form with your check. (Note: If reimbursement using a single check is not possible, contact Paul Fishback at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making payment so that arrangements can be discussed.)
- If you pay using a personal check, e.g., your students pay you first and then you send a single check, make sure the memo line of the check includes the chapter state and letter on the check, e.g., “Michigan Iota.”
3. Delivery Information:
- Delivery Timing: Certificates and other items ordered will ordinarily be mailed to you
within 11 business days of the receipt of your order. Please keep this fact in mind as you prepare for your induction ceremony. If you need your certificates sooner than 11 business days, you will need to pay an additional $20 for rush shipping. Note that rush orders apply only to certificates since merchandise is sent to you directly from the manufacturer, whose processing time is beyond our control. Regardless of whether you request rush shipping, we will still need at least seven business days to get you your certificates.
- Exceptions to Timing: Please keep in mind that enrollment orders are processed by faculty volunteers as well as one part-time student employee and that we are not a mail order business like Amazon.com. Consequently extenuating circumstances sometimes arise that prevent us from filling orders as quickly as one might like. Moreover, during the months of March, April, and May, we typically process several thousand dollars worth of orders each week. Your consideration of our time and resources insofar as not making unreasonable requests and/or not having unrealistic expectations is greatly appreciated.
- Order Inquiries: Should you have questions regarding the status of your order, please email our student worker, Ms. Julie Seitz, at email@example.com.
- Certificate Errors: If there is an error in a certificate mailed to your chapter, contact Paul Fishback at firstname.lastname@example.org so that a replacement one can be sent. If the error was made by his office, there
will be no charge; otherwise, there will be a $2 charge for each
4. Make Our Job Easier:
- Notify Paul Fishback at email@example.com if there is any change in the identity or email address of
your faculty advisor.
- If you need to contact any of the national officers, email is
best. Contact info for all national Pi Mu Epsilon officers is listed
- We try to do our best to help our members, but please remember that
PME is staffed by volunteers with full teaching loads, occasionally
assisted by students. Anything you can do to make our tasks easier
is appreciated and will help reduce society expenses.
5. Induction/Initiation Ceremonies:
The following documents can be used to help plan induction/initiation ceremonies.